Thread

searching entries in CP

March 21, 2016 6:46am

Subscribe [5]
  • #1 / Mar 21, 2016 6:46am

silenz

1648 posts

In EE3 it is no longer possible to search the contents of entries inside the Control Panel.

I wonder if noone is missing this feature. I do need this all the the time.

• #2 / Jun 15, 2016 6:09pm

jejuna

98 posts

I am missing this as well. Please add it back in!

• #3 / Jul 31, 2016 2:55pm

Alex Boese

123 posts

I seem to be able to search entries – using 3.4.0. At least, when I do a search for a keyword in the CP, entries are listed that have the keyword in the entry itself, not the title.

However, I’m not able to limit a search to only titles, which I miss a lot.

• #4 / Aug 06, 2016 10:17am

Alex Boese

123 posts

I wanted to add that I’m finding that not having the ability to limit searches by title or entry (as we could do in EE 1&2) definitely makes the search box a less useful tool.

For instance, if you have thousands of entries, and you’re looking for one that you remember had the word ‘cloud’ in the title, the search results are going to list potentially hundreds of entries that have ‘cloud’ in either the title or entry itself. This takes a while to scan through.

Whereas in EE2 the results would have been narrowed down to just those with ‘cloud’ in the title.

• #5 / Nov 01, 2016 3:56am

CHIEF

42 posts

I wanted to add that I’m finding that not having the ability to limit searches by title or entry (as we could do in EE 1&2) definitely makes the search box a less useful tool. For instance, if you have thousands of entries, and you’re looking for one that you remember had the word ‘cloud’ in the title, the search results are going to list potentially hundreds of entries that have ‘cloud’ in either the title or entry itself. This takes a while to scan through. Whereas in EE2 the results would have been narrowed down to just those with ‘cloud’ in the title.

Exactly this. Extremely frustrating when dealing will large numbers of entries with similar titles.

+1 from me to improve

• #6 / Nov 01, 2016 12:01pm

Josh Conner

48 posts

The entries search is nice and very fast but it would be nice to have somewhere to really drill down with more specific searches.

• #7 / Nov 01, 2016 12:03pm

CHIEF

42 posts

I was working on an EE2 site today and after being with EE3 for a while I was reminded of how much of a nice tool it used to be.

• #8 / Nov 01, 2016 12:05pm

Josh Conner

48 posts

I was working on an EE2 site today and after being with EE3 for a while I was reminded of how much of a nice tool it used to be.

It’s not an issue with smaller sites, but sites with 10,000+ entries…

• #9 / Nov 15, 2016 2:53pm

Jeremy S.

324 posts

One more vote to fix this. There are still some basic features missing from 3 that I thought this far in would have been addressed by now.

• #10 / Nov 17, 2016 5:31am

Neil Evans

1369 posts

+1

• #11 / Nov 30, 2016 9:53am

silenz

1648 posts

Gonna +1 my own post.

Being called by a customer in order to search some entries for him and having to revert to phpMyAdmin myself certainly isn’t the way to go.

• #12 / Dec 03, 2016 12:45am

xeenon

14 posts

+1

• #13 / Dec 05, 2016 6:56pm

Jeremy S.

324 posts

And no EL response yet… hmmm.

• #14 / Dec 08, 2016 7:45am

CHIEF

42 posts

Another email this AM from a client with over 10k entries finding it impossible to locate entries in the CP. Anyone aware of an alternative way until its fixed?

More like a bug than a request no?

• #15 / Dec 08, 2016 12:11pm

Jeremy S.

324 posts

Yes, it’s getting frustrating. I want to update one client’s site for an online magazine, but it has several thousand entries and until EL decides to make a proper and robust CP search, it’ll never happen. I hope 3.5 has some nice surprises…

ExpressionEngine News

#eecms, #events, #releases