Thread

Better search option within admin panel

December 05, 2017 4:41am

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / Dec 05, 2017 4:41am

Chris Barber-Riley

110 posts

When searching 10,000’s of entries the EE3 search if horrendous, I end up having to view all and then finding through the browsers “find” facility. Can we add in a better search system, maybe “advanced” on **cp/publish/edit ** or at least the ability to search based on words or complete phrase.

Thanks

edit: apologies, I’ve just noticed this a hot topic a little further down.

• #2 / Dec 06, 2017 9:33am

Derek Jones

7176 posts

Can you give an example of a search that is not filtering as you’d expect? You should also be able to use common search patterns such as quoting phrases, etc.

• #3 / Dec 06, 2017 1:43pm

Jeremy S.

324 posts

I’ll add that ee3 still only searches both titles AND field content by default with no way to filter to ‘title only’. With large sites this can literally call up hundreds of unwanted results to sift through. When one is looking in a CP for an entry, 9 times out of 10 it’s the title they are looking for, not the contents in a field. I still can’t upgrade some of my client sites to 3 because of this lack of functionality. It’s a workflow killer for things like online publications and large blogs.

• #4 / Dec 06, 2017 1:44pm

Derek Jones

7176 posts

Gotcha Jeremy, hoping to tackle that soon, though “the ability to search based on words or complete phrase.” should absolutely be working.

ExpressionEngine News

#eecms, #events, #releases