Thread

New field type - Label

February 22, 2017 1:58pm

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / Feb 22, 2017 1:58pm

Ponder The Web

20 posts

I tried creating a Label field type but from the errors I was getting, it doesn’t seem like this is possible the way field types are coded currently and the settings they are expecting.

It would basically just be the title and note field. There would be no editable field on the publish/edit page. The idea would be that you can add additional text/notes to your publish/edit pages that aren’t tied to a specific field. ie. general guidelines for that channel, etc. Plus since it’s a field, you could use Form Layouts to add a new tab, say “Notes” and add instructions in that new tab.

• #2 / Mar 18, 2017 8:25pm

Warble Media

14 posts

This should be possible with a third party field type.

You mention that you tried this. What are the issues you ran into?

• #3 / Mar 19, 2017 8:53pm

Ponder The Web

20 posts

I don’t remember exactly but I think it had required settings that just didn’t fit with something as basic as a label with no field. But that could also be because I’ve never created a field before.

• #4 / Mar 27, 2017 11:14am

Derek Hogue

311 posts

I think I already made this - it’s called Publish Notes. (Also: I don’t think this thread belongs in the Feature Requests channel.)

• #5 / Mar 27, 2017 11:17am

Ponder The Web

20 posts

Okay. Apparently I was wrong that there needed to be changes made. Feel free to move or delete this thread.

ExpressionEngine News

#eecms, #events, #releases