Thread

Allow changing status from the Entry Manager overview

November 27, 2015 1:26am

Subscribe [6]
  • #1 / Nov 27, 2015 1:26am

Ingmar Greil

29243 posts

In the Entry Manager (/system/cp/publish/edit), make the status display (OPEN, CLOSED, etc.) a pull down menu that allows changing status right from this page. Currently you’ll have to open the article, choose Options, change status, and Re-publish. It’s a real pain when you have to do this for a few dozen entries. And while I can always do this in the db directly, my users can’t …

• #2 / Dec 01, 2015 4:01pm

Derek Jones

7176 posts

Indeed there are some other in-place and/or bulk actions that would be nice from there.

• #3 / Dec 02, 2015 1:39am

Ingmar Greil

29243 posts

I couldn’t agree more smile Glad to hear it.

• #4 / Apr 26, 2016 5:51am

I agree. What happened to the Multi-Entry Edit option from EE2? The “with selected” dropdown menu is there, but no “Edit Selected” option in it.

• #5 / Nov 07, 2016 4:28pm

bbgadmin

16 posts

Just bumping this up — this feature (the ability to update status for multiple entries from the entry manager) is very important to our workflow. We are really missing the edit-selected option!

• #6 / Dec 05, 2016 7:01pm

Jeremy S.

324 posts

Again, EL, another fairly basic, yet important feature from 2 we used to have that over a year into EE3 we still don’t. Clients see LESS value in the upgrade when basic workflow features like this are missing. It’s getting to a point where the all the excitement and optimism of v3 is going and now we need a functional tool. Our clients don’t care about under the hood, or API/add-on dev ease/improvements etc.

• #7 / Dec 05, 2016 7:05pm

Derek Jones

7176 posts

Hey Jeremy, this one hasn’t bubbled up in priority as it’s honestly not one that we hear much about, outside of this thread. I appreciate the feedback and agree it’s a useful feature, though!

• #8 / Dec 06, 2016 4:08am

I’ve developed my own external Edit Entries screen using Channel Form, where multiple Entries can be edited at the same time, to change Statuses and CartThrob product prices all at the same time. I’m no programmer, by any stretch of the imagination, so something like this should be ludicrously easy for the Ellis boffins. grin

• #9 / Dec 09, 2016 11:19am

Kurt Deutscher

813 posts

Let me be counted among those who miss this functionality, especially when it comes to reassigning categories in bulk. I’ve now got some webmaster’s who are highly trained EE publishers (with years of EE experience) making the transition over to EE v3 and they are used to having this type of enterprise-level functionality. I would still love to see this functionality returned to EE.

• #10 / May 29, 2017 1:31pm

Gusto

31 posts

Bump again. Finally did our 2.11 to 3.5.7 upgrade and am surprised it’s not there. We used to use the bulk select entry management feature a LOT! Really needs to come back.

• #11 / May 29, 2017 3:00pm

Jeremy S.

324 posts

Yep. This and a proper CP entries search are crucial to any large site and yet, still not in the 3.x product. However, as Derek mentioned above, as EL sees it, apparently we are the small view talking about it. I really love ExpressionEngine, but we are tired of waiting for these basic functions we USED to have, and now EE2 is a legacy product. So either, we keep on with an unsupported product, update the clients and make them unhappy, or move to the competition.

• #12 / May 30, 2017 4:22am

Multi-edit is now starting to get quite mission critical for me too. The EE / CartThrob combo is my ecommerce weapon of choice, and so being able to edit multiple products (Entries) at the same time is a must have.

• #13 / Jun 05, 2017 6:07am

ometiclan

12 posts

I agree with all that has been said. I’ve purchased Zenbu now, so i can at least show more info in the entry list and I’m still waiting for Henshu, so i can in-place-edit stuff in the list. I’m not expecting a full featured mega list, but at least being able to switch from X to Y would be great.

• #14 / Jun 05, 2017 6:20am

Hi Ometiclan, I’ve just had a look at the Henshu video… that looks really good. Looking forward to that being EE3 compatible.

And maybe one day, these features will be standard within EE.

• #15 / Jul 18, 2017 10:01pm

kokako

56 posts

Please bring multi-entry edit back!

ExpressionEngine News

#eecms, #events, #releases