Join us for EEConf 2023, October 4-5 in Orlando. Speakers. Networking. Community powered. Awesome.
Join us for EEConf 2023, October 4-5 in Orlando.Register Now!
Hum, that’s strange because it’s doing the replace on ALL tables and fields. I don’t have a list coded in there at all, it just grabs a list of all the tables and their fields then runs a replace on that. Are you sure you’ve entered a string that exists in those fields? Are you sure there’s content to replace?
Mark: I used 1.0.3 successfully yesterday to launch a site. Here’s what I’ve written in my documentation:
The migrate tool will change embedded domain name and server path variables. The following data is needed: original host name, target host name, original server path, target server path. The tool is available here: http://FINAL.DOMAIN.NAME/system/eemigrate.php The tool should be run twice: 1. Replace the host name 2. Replace the server paths Note: The folder "system" is a placeholder variable for EE system folder. This folder should be renamed and not called "system".
It might be nice to actually tailor the tool to this purpose, prompting the user to complete the two-part process.
I’ve used this offline a few times already. I moved an installed of EE to a different directory on Ubuntu, and ran this script.
Works flawlessly! Three times thus far!
I’m sure (hoping so, really!) … but pretty darned excited about getting my site ONline, so I can really test this out.