Convert foreign-language characters in URL Title field to custom characters.
compatibility: ExpressionEngine 1.x - 6.x
supported character sets:
multi-language support: ability to modify the replacing signs for each language independently
Make sure, you are running ExpressionEngine CMS.
Upload a whole url_title_converter folder into /system/user/addons/ folder (EE3 - EE6) or /system/expressionengine/third_party/ folder (EE1 - EE2).
Go into the Add-On Manager in your admin area and enable it.
Now will be foreign characters in entry’s title converted to URL title in friendly format.
E.g.: “ß” like “ss”; “ш” like “sh” etc.
If you need, modify url_title_converter_lang.php file for your native language as you wish.
Changelog (EE3 ➟ EE6)
1.0.6 - 10/16/2021
* added svg icon
* added README.md in order to display documentation directly in EE
Version 1.0.5 - 10/15/2020
* Initial release for ExpressionEngine 6.x
Version 1.0.4 - 12/15/2018
* Initial release for ExpressionEngine 5.x
Version 1.0.3 - 12/07/2017
* Initial release for ExpressionEngine 4.x
Version 1.0.2 - 04/01/2016
* added German translation by Ingmar Greil
Version 1.0.1 - 03/19/2016
* Fixed constructor for the class
* Changed method to RTL_characters Thanks to Ingmar Greil
Version 1.0.0 - 03/11/2016
* Initial release for ExpressionEngine 3.x
Changelog (EE1 ➟ EE2)
Version 2.4.0 - 03/13/2016
* Changing the extension name (CM Strange URL Interpreter -> URL Title Converter);
Characters supporting Arabic language
Version 2.3.0 - 01/06/2009
* Changed: Documentation URL
Version 2.2.0 - 31/08/2008
* Added: Czech language file (Translated by Pavel Kotrla).
Version 2.1.0 - 27/07/2008
* Added: Characters supporting Greek language (Requested by E.ZISI).
Version 2.0.1 - 25/06/2008
* Fixed: Documentation URL
Version 2.0.0 - 14/06/2008
* Changing extension name (Strange URL Interpreter -> CM Strange URL Interpreter);
* Rewriting source code;
* Added: language file contains character array. This allowed modify characters for each other languages.
Version 1.4.0 - 10/11/2007
* Added: Characters better supporting Hungarian language (Thanks to Istvan Gyorgi).
Version 1.3.0 - 22/09/2007
* Added: Character set supporting Poland language (Thanks to Gabriel Borkowski).
Version 1.2.0 - 07/07/2007
* Added: Lira, Degree, Yen, Pound and Cent sign;
* Fixed: Update and Disable function.
Version 1.1.0 - 25/06/2007
* Renaming of the extension from “Foreign URL Title” to “Strange URL Interpreter”.
Version 1.0.0 - 25/06/2007
* Initial release for ExpressionEngine 1.x.