ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Critical Textile Plugin Update

July 10, 2008 2:14pm

Subscribe [9]
  • #16 / Jul 12, 2008 8:40pm

Derek Jones

7561 posts

That’s what I suspected, but I did not want to make assumptions.  That’s precisely the type of thing this fix is intended to disallow.  EE tags are not parsed in entry content.  There is a plugin you could use in your template “Allow EE Code” which will bypass this restriction if your site has only trusted authors publishing content.

• #17 / Jul 15, 2008 11:13am

Fabrice P.

18 posts

Hello Derek,

I try :

{exp:textile}{exp:allow_eecode}{CF_BODY}{/exp:allow_eecode}{/exp:textile}

and

{exp:allow_eecode}{exp:textile}{CF_BODY}{/exp:textile}{/exp:allow_eecode}

but I still cannot use {site_url} (for example) in my weblog entries ({CF_BODY} is a custom field).

Any ideas?

I thought to reinstall with the old textile plugin, but I’ll overwrite it with the newest release!

• #18 / Jul 15, 2008 12:14pm

Derek Jones

7561 posts

Fabrice, thank you, that’s actually a bug in the Allow EE Code plugin which I’ve fixed.  Download the latest version and you should not have any problems.  Your second syntax is the correct one, incidentally.

• #19 / Jul 16, 2008 4:28am

Fabrice P.

18 posts

Work like a charm. Thank YOU.

• #20 / Jul 17, 2008 5:11pm

AJP

311 posts

Hey Derek. I’m not sure, but I just wanted to check with you, that this updated plugin, fixes those crazy PHP 5.2.4 list problems that some people (myself) were having?

Thanks!

• #21 / Jul 17, 2008 5:44pm

Derek Jones

7561 posts

if you’re referring to this issue, then it should be since that problem was fixed in Textile revision 2640 and the current plugin uses r2779 (and has for a number of months best that I recall).

• #22 / Jul 18, 2008 11:33am

AJP

311 posts

Yep that’s it. Thanks!

• #23 / Jul 24, 2008 4:59pm

imagehat

68 posts

Derek - I think you’re going to tell me that I am trying to do precisely what you’ve disallowed - but I was in the habit of using EE’s encode tag to encode email addresses right within an entry field which has been set to use Textile formatting, like so:

=={encode="email@address.com" title="email me"}==

I have the option to automatically convert links off in the weblog preferences, so this is the only way I know of to encode the addresses in an entry, which used to work fine. Is this something I should not be doing?

Thanks!

• #24 / Jul 24, 2008 5:04pm

Derek Jones

7561 posts

Yes, but you should be able to use the pMcode [email][/email] tags without problem.

• #25 / Jul 25, 2008 1:46pm

imagehat

68 posts

*smacks forehead* Thanks Derek, I forgot all about pMcode! Works like a charm.

• #26 / Jan 20, 2009 12:55pm

PhilBrienesse

187 posts

I am having the same issue with the ee encode and textile and the pmcode of the textile plugin helper is not working either.

I would prefer not to use the allow_eecode if I could avoid it.

IS anyone else having the same problem.  I have done lots of other sites without this issue.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases