ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Categories - Nested Menus similar to Mark Hout's plugin?

January 30, 2008 11:45am

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / Jan 30, 2008 11:45am

Brian Litzinger

698 posts

I’m using Mark’s plugin (http://docs.markhuot.com/) to create a navigation menu of static pages and it works beautifully. I added a bit of PHP to the template to dynamically figure out the depth of the menu I wanted to show, so when you drill down through the pages the next level of navigation appears.

I’m also wanting this same functionality when navigating through categories as well. How do I achieve this? I’ve tied Dynocat and the subcategories plugins but they didn’t seem to do this (unless I’m doing something wrong).

<?php
    global $IN;
    $total_segments = count($IN->SEGS);
    ?>                                 

<ul>
    {exp:weblog:entries weblog="main_navigation" orderby="nav_order" sort="desc" dynamic="off" status="open" disable="pagination|member_data"}
        <li><a href="/{url_title}/">{link_text}</a>

{if has_children == "true" AND segment_1 == url_title }            
                {exp:pages_nested_menu root="{url_title}" include_ul="yes" include_root="no" depth="<?php echo $total_segments ?>"}
                    <a href="http://{pnm_page_url}" title="{pnm_title}">{pnm_title}</a>
                {/exp:pages_nested_menu} 
            {/if}  

</li>
    {/exp:weblog:entries}
    </ul>
  • #2 / Feb 01, 2008 1:59pm

Brian Litzinger

698 posts

Ouch, no replies? :(

• #3 / Feb 19, 2008 8:32am

nathanpitman

531 posts

Hi there, DynoCat no longer works with EE 1.6+ it seems. Something to do with the new ‘category URL title’ feature I think. Sorry but I don’t have any pointers but I’m looking for a similar solution myself so let me know how you get on.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases