ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Bulk Upload Photos--Photo Gallery Questions

June 20, 2007 10:04pm

Subscribe [1]
  • #1 / Jun 20, 2007 10:04pm

dme

7 posts

Hi,

I am a EE newbie—I am just a day into my 30 day trial.

I have a number of questions about the Photo Gallery.

1. Is there a way to upload 10s, or 100s, of photos? FTP is one solution, but as I already have 1,000s of photos on line I’d prefer a solution that let me copy images server-to-server, viz. wget, or rsync.

2. Although I have 1,000s of photos online I will have photos that I want to upload to EE that are not yet on a server. For these I’d like to have a solution that let me upload 10s or 100s of images, but I really don’t want to have to zip them up into an archive—I’m not saving any space and it takes forever. So I hope there a way to ftp files to a directory.

3. Are there 3rd party photo galleries that offer additional functionality and features? Can you point me to some, please.

4. What are the limits for photos in terms of file size and dimensions? MB and height and width? Where can I set and adjust these?

5. How do I set my gallery to upload images to the ``Main Upload Directory’’ so I can use them in my weblog entries and elsewhere?

—Dan

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases