ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Main tabs not opening

September 29, 2014 9:17am

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / Sep 29, 2014 9:17am

RezwanR

126 posts

Hello all!  It’s been a while.  EE has been working so well, I haven’t been hanging out here.

But today, I woke up and the main tabs in the control panel don’t open!  When I hit a tab, it jumps me back to the login page.

I’m unable to get into the tools tab to clear caches - which I presume is the thing to do.

I’ve cleared the caches on the browser. 

OK, wait!  I cleared the browser and went through login a few more times, got in, the tabs opened, I went to tools to clear cache, clicked that button - and BAM back to the nonresponsive login page. 

Saw a similar thread on this topic here, but looks like it is archived and I couldn’t post there.  https://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/215302/

Perhaps I need to upgrade.  I’m running 2.2.2 But is it possible to upgrade if you’re having problems like this? Don’t you need to be all cleared with your caches and otherwise not having a problem?

Your help greatly appreciated! 

• #2 / Nov 19, 2014 2:53pm

Halogen

74 posts

Did you ever find a solution to this?  This is exactly what’s happening to me.

• #3 / Nov 19, 2014 2:59pm

Halogen

74 posts

BTW, just found this thread, and a refresh of the “themes” folder fixed it:

https://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/215302/

• #4 / Nov 19, 2014 3:08pm

RezwanR

126 posts

Thank you!  No, I had not figured it out yet.

Actually, I’m not sure what action “refresh themes” involves.  Do I just re-upload the themes folder, or is there somewhere to go and hit a refresh button?

Thanks again!

• #5 / Nov 19, 2014 3:14pm

Halogen

74 posts

In the root of the html folder, one of the folders is called “themes”.  Before I had began an aborted upgrade, I’d followed the directions and made a backup of this folder.

I guess, when I backed out the upgrade, I boffed up the restore of this folder.  So, for me, I deleted the one there, and re-uploaded from my backup.

You might be able to find an old version to restore from?

• #6 / Nov 19, 2014 4:53pm

RezwanR

126 posts

OK, I tried uploading from the backup, but my problem is not solved yet. 

I hadn’t done any upgrade before the pages went funny.  It seemed to happen on its own.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for responding btw! I thought my plight was forgotten.

• #7 / Nov 19, 2014 4:55pm

Halogen

74 posts

See if you can get a fresh copy of the themes folder and use that, maybe?  😊

• #8 / Dec 19, 2014 12:52pm

RezwanR

126 posts

Thanks Halogen!  I shall find a quite moment to back up my site and re-install the thing entirely.

I also noticed today that my search box on the website doesn’t work.  http://fp2w.org I’m wondering if that is also related.  One by one, things start to disappear.

I’ll let you know if anything changes.

Happy Holidays!  Thanks again!

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases