ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Control Panel Giving JSON Responses in the Browser on Content Edit / Update

August 22, 2013 8:45pm

Subscribe [5]
  • #1 / Aug 22, 2013 8:45pm

squiid

39 posts

Hi EE community,

Using EE 2.6.1 (build date 20130506), when I save an entry, I get a JSON response in the browser, rather than an update to the normal CP interface.

{"message_success":"Entry Has Been Updated"}

The saving works, and the response is the right one, but obviously the JSON is not meant for me to see in the browser like this.

Certain other events trigger this same kind of JSON response, like updating a member, whereafter I get a JSON list of site member data.

I assume this is meant for an AJAX update in the CP, but my CP is not receiving this, and I am seeing the result in my browser (so are others, so it’s not a local or browser thing).

All Javascripts are loading correctly…

Any ideas of what could be causing this issue? I haven’t been able to find anything like this on the web, EE docs, or in these forums.

Thanks!

Shaun

• #2 / Aug 22, 2013 9:02pm

Noah Kuhn

60 posts

Happening here also.

• #3 / Aug 23, 2013 1:53pm

ToolStudios,LLC

47 posts

I’m working on an upgrade from v2.5.3 to v2.6.1 and am having the very same issues :/

• #4 / Aug 26, 2013 12:51pm

James Muspratt

8 posts

I am also seeing this on MediaTemple / Safari Version 6.0.5 (8536.30.1) / EE v2.6.1 - Build Date: 20130506

• #5 / Aug 26, 2013 12:58pm

squiid

39 posts

Switching from the default PHP 5.3.27 (FastCGI) to 5.3.27 CGI (stable) for this domain in MT’s account center fixed this issue for me.

Thanks to @Noah Kuhn for the solution
    http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/237416/

Apparently, FastCGI is enabled by default, and causes problems with the PATH_INFO variable which is used by EE configs.
    https://kb.mediatemple.net/questions/1890/How+do+I+enable+FastCGI#gs

• #6 / Aug 26, 2013 1:02pm

James Muspratt

8 posts

Wow, I would not have discovered that solution on my own. Seems to have done the trick.

Thank you!

• #7 / Aug 27, 2013 3:39pm

ToolStudios,LLC

47 posts

Awesome, switching to 5.3.27 CGI (stable) fixed these issues for me as well, thanks so much!!!!

• #8 / Jan 26, 2015 3:55pm

bfsog

2 posts

I know this was 2 years ago but I am wondering if anyone can help. I have this issue, running EE v2.5.2 - Build Date: 20120606

The host is MediaTemple. I just inherited this site and do not have credentials for the host control panel yet, but once I have the creds is this something I can do myself? Or do I need to submit a request to MT on my behalf?

My PHPINFO shows

Server API: CGI/FastCGI

• #9 / Jan 26, 2015 4:01pm

Alex Kendrick

203 posts

This mediatemple help file should be helpful to you. It’s just a quick setting change in the mediatemple hosting control panel to switch to a different PHP version. https://kb.mediatemple.net/questions/244/How+can+I+specify+the+PHP+version+on+the+Grid#gs

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases