ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Entry ignoring custom field order

March 22, 2013 10:37am

Subscribe [3]
  • #1 / Mar 22, 2013 10:37am

markgledhill

22 posts

I have quite an old site and came to add a new custom field (Matrix) to a channel in order to complete some client amends. All my custom fields are ordered in multiples of 10 so I can slot in new fields in future, just like in this case.

So I added my new field and gave it an order number that would mean it was just about in the middle of the existing fields down the page. However when I edit an entry in that channel, the new custom field is at the bottom of the page instead of the order I specified. It looks like it is ordering fields by ID, not field order. I am not using the built-in Publish Layouts because I have never had any success with them.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to why my field ordering is being ignored?

EE 2.5.2 (20120606)
    Mysql 5.1.51

• #2 / Mar 24, 2013 1:04pm

Boyink!

5011 posts

I’m not sure why that order value is even there any more - Publish Layouts are really meant to do what that did originally.

I know they’ve worked a lot on Publish Layouts in recent builds - best bet is to try them again.

• #3 / Jan 14, 2015 3:23pm

Ty Martin

232 posts

I’m experiencing the same problem. In fact, the Publish entry view is not even showing some of the custom channel fields I’ve added. I’m may try recreating the fields to see if that fixes it, but I wanted to see this had been raised recently in v2.9.2 by anyone else.

• #4 / Jan 15, 2015 1:17am

Ty Martin

232 posts

Well, looks like I had to toggle them off and then on again and drag some of them onto the publish form from sidebar to get them to appear.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases