ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Simple Commerce Subscription cancellation issue

November 25, 2012 10:12am

Subscribe [1]
  • #1 / Nov 25, 2012 10:12am

adsmart

24 posts

Hello,

I;ve got a subscription setup for members to sign up to paid listing.

Basically this is how it;s working:

1. Member registers and is put in the “Pending group” - until they activate then they are asigned to “On Hold” group.*

2. Activation is confimed via their email link and they purchase their desired membership package, Gold or Silver.

3. They are taken to paypal, pay and when they click the return to site their member group is upped from On Hold to the package they purchased - this works fine but I don’t think it’s sending the IPN with Auto Return on in paypal, what URL do I need to auto return to? Should it be the ACT page?

Anyhow, the issues I’ve spotted are:

* if they don;t activate their account and make the purchase they are left in On Hold.

* If auto return is on I don;t think the IPN is triggered, it needs to be really as it seems that if they were to just close paypal down and go back to the site the IPN would not have been sent (they never clicked the return button in paypal)

* If I cancel a test (live using 0.1cent transactions for daily subscription tests) subscription via PayPal it does not seem to send the IPN to EE so the members subscription is cancelled but they are not shifted back into the On Hold group.

There is very little meat in the docs for this stuff so I’d really appreciated some pointers here as I’m keen to finish the testing and setup of this on a current project launching very shortly.

Once I have this working I hope to write a bit of a tutorial on how we’ve set this up for the site in question, something that might be very useful to fellow EE users and developers as I can’t find anything like that at current.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases