ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Updating 1.7 to 2.x latest chokes on number of comments

November 25, 2012 12:43am

Subscribe [1]
  • #1 / Nov 25, 2012 12:43am

LynneL

239 posts

I am having a hard time. I have an old Wordpress website that I’ve managed to export the posts, comments, etc in MT format.

In order to import that of course, I have to start with a 1.7 EE install. That I did fine.

Then I went to upgrade that install to 2.x. There is nothing but data, no templates or anything, but this is a 7 year old WP blog with a LOT of comments. (And posts, but comments generally run 5-7 per post averaged out, so 5-7 times more of them).

So I’m watching my upgrade churn away at upgrading the database, and it gets to comments, gets most of the way there (70,000+ out of around 83,000) and I get a 500 Internal Server Error, presumably because the script is timing out.

I’ve tried twice by restoring everything to 1.7 (and my database backup restore via PHPMySQL chokes on the same damn table, what a nightmare) but this timeout has happened twice now, officially.

I guess my first question is, will an .htaccess increase in max_execution_time and the like make the script keep going and not time out?

What other options do I have?

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases