ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Getting ’The provided member id to use for guest submissions is invalid’ error with valid Member ID

November 24, 2012 10:37am

Subscribe [1]
  • #1 / Nov 24, 2012 10:37am

JCDerrick

57 posts

Hi,

I have a strange problem that seems to be cropping up in some browsers, but not others - I know, it’s weird. I’ve tried this on all my Mac browsers without any problem, and even IE7/8 on my VM works fine, but Chrome on the VM and Safari on the VM (and I confirmed on my desktop) all spit out this error.

Here’s my Safecracker tag. In the backend I’ve told it to allow Guest Entries, but I didn’t specify the ID because it can change; it has to change dynamically actually.

{exp:safecracker channel="booking-engine" return="{segment_1}/confirm/{segment_3}/{segment_4}/ENTRY_ID" entry_id="{segment_5}" logged_out_member_id="{segment_4}" id="publishForm" include_jquery="no" safecracker_head="no" json="no" secure_action="yes"}

As you can see, {segment_4} should be pulling in the member_id to use, but it’s either not or something else is going on. My URL looks like this:

https://subdomain.mysitecom/activities/book/230/295

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this problem?

Thanks,
    John

Edit: I accidentally posted this in Pre-Sales (sorry!). Can someone please move this to support.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases