ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Uploading Files Securely via Safecracker

November 23, 2012 12:16pm

Subscribe [1]
  • #1 / Nov 23, 2012 12:16pm

James Muspratt

8 posts

Hi, Not sure this is truly a pre-sales question, but after some research I’m still not sure whether Safecracker is capable of the following:

My client needs a travel site where customers who register for her tours will need to upload fairly sensitive information: scans of their passports, visa applications, etc. These customers will self-register (might use ZooVisitor to manage these screens), get assigned to a “customer” member group, and be invited to fill out a form, visible only to logged-in users.

Assuming this is one large Safecracker form…

- Are Safecracker/EE “secure” in the sense that file uploads, if going over https, will be inaccessible after being uploaded? Does this require a file upload directory outside of the web root (and then is it even possible to use it as a Safecracker File upload destination?). It would seem inadequate to me if their uploads could be accessed at domain.com/files/joes-visa-application.pdf

- Does Safecracker handle file naming conflicts so that one “visa-application.pdf” doesn’t overwrite an existing file of the same name in that directory?

- I am a little intimidated by the plethora of SSL-related add-ons and forum discussions surrounding EE, Safecracker, and SSL. Is there a smarter way to handle this functionality?

Thanks very much

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases