ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Problems cutting & pasting to textarea channel fields

November 14, 2012 3:51pm

Subscribe [1]
  • #1 / Nov 14, 2012 3:51pm

mrjaygee

1 posts

I’m having a problem with an installation of EE2. Basically, when I cut & paste to channel fields (textarea) when I’m publishing or editing content, the information is lost upon saving. This happens when cutting & pasting from Word docs, text files and some HTML files (but not all).

When I type the information in manually, it saves fine. I’m not sure what’s going on here but I’m wondering if this is a problem anybody else has encountered.

Best regards,
    Jason

• #2 / Nov 16, 2012 11:41am

Dan Decker

7338 posts

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the Forums!

What version of ExpressionEngine are you having trouble with?

If the field type just a plain textarea? It’s not an RTE, Wygwam or other WYSYWIG field-type?

After pasting into the field, try selecting another field like the title field. Then try saving. What is the result?

Cheers,

• #3 / Nov 16, 2012 11:53am

mrjaygee

1 posts

Hi Dan. Thanks for your response. We’re on v2.5.2 - Build Date: 20120606. We’re experiencing the problems on regular textarea (XHTML) fields. I tried pasting into the field and selecting another field but am having the same results. No luck. The strange thing is it does save the content when you type into the field manually.

• #4 / Nov 20, 2012 4:48pm

Dan Decker

7338 posts

Hi Jason,

Perhaps we could take a look? Be on the lookout for an email from EllisLab.

Cheers,

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases