ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

MSM - Having issue displaying files/images from one site on another

October 19, 2012 5:28pm

Subscribe [4]
  • #1 / Oct 19, 2012 5:28pm

jcwalter

2 posts

We have EE 2.5.3 with MSM 2.1.4.  I am entering content via the default_site and displaying the information on a second site.  All of the data fields display on the second site EXCEPT any files that I uploaded via the default_site. For example, in the code below, all of the school fields are displaying properly, but the SCHOOL_THUMBNAIL, which is an uploaded image, is NOT displaying, and there is a thumbnail uploaded that is showing on the default_site.  The code below also knows that there is a school_thumbnail, because it gets inside the conditional, it just doesn’t display it.

{exp:channel:entries channel="schools" site="default_site" limit="1"}
    {if school_thumbnail}
     {school_thumbnail}
    {/if}
    <h1 class="entry-title bottom">{title}</h1>
    <h2 class="entry-subtitle bottom">{school_city}, {if school_state}{school_state}, {/if}{school_country}</h2>
    ....etc…
  • #2 / Oct 22, 2012 4:38pm

Dan Decker

7338 posts

Hi jcwalter,

Thanks for posting to the forums! Sorry to hear you are having trouble with using the assets from your other site.

When using the {school_thumbnail} field, what is rendered to the browser when you visit the template?

It should be pulling the URL from default_site, and not your second site.

Let me know what you see in the source.

Cheers,

• #3 / Oct 22, 2012 5:52pm

jcwalter

2 posts

Hi Dan, 

That is what I was expecting, but it is not pulling the URL, it is just blank.

Using the code snippet above, on the default_site, I get the following:

<a href="http://mytestdomain.net/uploads/school_images/testschool.jpg">http://mytestdomain.net/uploads/school_images/testschool.jpg</a>
    <h1 class="entry-title bottom">My Test School</h1>
    <h2 class="entry-subtitle bottom">Atlanta, Georgia, USA</h2>

But when using the other site, the URL is blank as follows:

" alt=
    <h1 class="entry-title bottom">My Test School</h1>
    <h2 class="entry-subtitle bottom">Atlanta, Georgia, USA</h2>

However, it is getting in this conditional, so it must know see that there is a value, but it is not displaying it:

{if school_thumbnail}
     {school_thumbnail}
    {/if}

• #4 / Oct 23, 2012 5:14pm

Dan Decker

7338 posts

OK, do you have the Upload Destinations copied/replicated in site_2?

Can I pop in for a closer look? I think I can get you an answer more quickly than trying to spin up a replication.

Keep an eye out for an email from EllisLab!

Cheers,

• #5 / Oct 24, 2012 1:37pm

jcwalter

2 posts

ok thanks, I’ve sent the credentials in the separate email.

• #6 / Oct 24, 2012 11:06pm

mhughes73

60 posts

Hi Dan and jcwalter,

I’m also having the exact same issue. Is it possible to add the answer to this thread once it has been resolved?

Thanks

Mike

• #7 / Oct 25, 2012 3:14pm

Dan Decker

7338 posts

Hey Mike,

I took a look at the email thread we had with Jon. Robin noted there that this bug was the culprit and that the fix in the bug report took car of it for Jon.

Can you try the fix too and let me know the result?

Cheers,

• #8 / Oct 26, 2012 2:50pm

mhughes73

60 posts

Hi Dan,

I made a mistake in my original post. I am having the same issue with the images not appearing on the 2nd site, but the version of EE that my client is using is 2.4.0. I checked the file that was referenced in the bug tracker report and the code that was referenced does not exist on this version. I am trying to get around this without having to upgrade as the clients server set up is a nightmare. The last time we upgraded I ended up having to engage you guys to help complete the process.

thanks

Mike

• #9 / Oct 29, 2012 4:26pm

Kevin Smith

4784 posts

Ok, anything we can do to help there, Mike?

• #10 / Nov 22, 2012 5:35pm

mhughes73

60 posts

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the slow response on this one, I must have missed the notification for this. Would you be able to direct me to the file to correct this in version 2.4.0?

Thanks

Mike

• #11 / Nov 24, 2012 3:02am

Crnaovca

627 posts

it could be nice to see that explained in docs ... or it is just me that cannot find it ...

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases