ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

501 Method not implemented (GET..not supported)

September 26, 2012 6:40am

Subscribe [1]
  • #1 / Sep 26, 2012 6:40am

Ataul Munim

17 posts

This question may be related to a resolved thread.

I’m getting the following error:

Method Not Implemented

GET to /ee/site/tag/python not supported.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

when I click on template to edit it. It’s only just happened this morning, but if I clear cache in Chrome, then it’ll work, no doubt, but only for a few minutes. I’ve not had this issue on my desktop (I’m away from home) but I’ll give it a go in about 5 hours.

To confirm, it’s not a global issue - I can access my site fine from my phone for example or another browser; unless I clear the cache on my laptop Chrome - I cannot visit even the home page (“Get to / not supported”). I realise it could be a client issue, but I’ve seen a few reports of this from EE sites and wanted to know whether there are any security settings that need to be enabled server side to ensure that it doesn’t occur to random visitors.

Thanks 😊

• #2 / Sep 27, 2012 2:38pm

Kevin Smith

4784 posts

Hi Ataul,

Sorry to hear that this is happening to you. Have you checked with your host to see if they have some security precautions in place that might be causing this? This type of error isn’t something ExpressionEngine has any control over, so I’m not sure how much help I can be here.

Did you try from home? Was the problem there as well?

• #3 / Sep 29, 2012 8:02am

Ataul Munim

17 posts

Hi Kevin,

I haven’t checked with them yet - I hoped I could get some idea of what kind of security precautions might be causing it (based on similar issues with other users) before I approached them but if it’s definitely not EE-caused, then I’ll ask them.

I haven’t been getting the issue on my desktop at home; I was hoping it might also be caused by a proxy that we have to go through on our uni network.

• #4 / Oct 01, 2012 4:20pm

Dan Decker

7338 posts

I was hoping it might also be caused by a proxy that we have to go through on our uni network.

That is very likely. Proxies, load-balancers and changing IP addresses can have an impact. You should check this with your IT department.

~

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases