ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Installer won't pass License Agreement

May 09, 2012 7:24am

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / May 09, 2012 7:24am

Etheya

213 posts

Im having similar issues… but cant seem to get passed the License Agreement page… on accepting and clicking Submit i just get presented with a white screen with the same URL at the top as i had on the previous page..

mydomain/systemfolder/index.php?C=wizard&M=do_update&language=english&ajax_progress=yes

Any ideas?

• #2 / May 09, 2012 7:30am

Etheya

213 posts

Doesnt seem to like the ajax_progress=yes part of the URL…. ajax_progress=no redirects back to the licence page.. but i just cant get past that page at all…

• #3 / May 09, 2012 4:20pm

Dan Decker

7338 posts

Hi Ethaya,

I split you off into your own thread as your issue seems completely different. I didn’t want you to get muddled in the other thread.

Are you using any add-ons at all? Can you try to remove the third_party folder for testing?

Once you have it removed (or renamed temporarily) try running the installer again.

I look forward to your reply!

Cheers,

• #4 / May 16, 2012 8:27am

Curtis Blackwell

47 posts

I can confirm that this worked for me after receiving a 500 error when updating to 2.5.

Why did the third_party folder affect the update?

• #5 / May 18, 2012 6:01pm

Dan Decker

7338 posts

Hi Curtis,

I believe the issue arises because the updater is trying to run the update scripts of third-party modules.

Moving them out of the way lets the updater complete, then you can update third-party modules after.

Cheers,

• #6 / May 18, 2012 10:28pm

Curtis Blackwell

47 posts

Ah, makes sense. thanks.

…so should i file a bug report for that?

EDIT: nm… found it

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases