Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer be relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Social Networking/Member Modules

January 19, 2012 8:45am

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / Jan 19, 2012 8:45am

Reverie123

47 posts

Recently, I have been working on a site which uses both EE and a service called Ning. Ning is a social networking service similar to myspace which does everything that you expect the service to do. The issue with the service is that it is extremely limiting with no access to their database causing issues with the EE site/members. The members in this current scenario have to register twice, once for Ning and once for the main site, which is bad for user flow.

So after much debate, we have decided to look for an alternative to Ning via EE third party modules. I have recently stumbled upon Solspace’s Friends and User modules that in combination sounds that it could work. Has anyone ever used this module or know of sites that have used it? Anyone know other social networking modules that I could use or other services better then Ning? Or just any other idea that could remedy this issue? Thanks!

• #2 / Jan 19, 2012 9:29pm

Justin Long

196 posts

I sent you a PM

ExpressionEngine News

#eecms, #events, #releases