ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Codeigniter 2 , justhost.com URI possible issue.

August 16, 2011 3:04pm

Subscribe [4]
  • #1 / Aug 16, 2011 3:04pm

JonahBon

2 posts

Hi, im new to the codeigniter community ( been using it for 1 month ) and im being driven crazy by the following situation. I developed a website in my localhost and all was working smoothly.

Once i uploaded it to justhost (apache 2.2.25, php 5.2 ) the index.php cannot find any of the controllers and returns a page not found ( 404 ) error. I’ve tried enabling rewrite engine via htaccess but with no luck.

I have tried all possible URI_protocols from the configuration plus the ci is on the root folder of the host. (I can access index.php of ci normally, it just cant find the controllers/methods).

Also i noticed that if i test echo the $_GLOBAL options for URI protocol ( PATH_INFO etc ) i get nothing printed by php.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• #2 / Aug 16, 2011 5:02pm

danmontgomery

1802 posts

Generally speaking, when you go from a windows environment that works to a linux environment that doesn’t, the issue is case sensitivity of file names.

• #3 / Aug 17, 2011 2:52am

John_Betong_002

407 posts

Have you set your error log and viewed the results?

./application/config/config.php

$config['log_threshold'] = 4;

$config['log_path'] = FCPATH .'/' .APPPATH; // index.php constants

• #4 / Aug 17, 2011 5:14am

nirvanist

5 posts

hi,
    i m hosting my site build with codeignter on “justhost” and it work perfectly
    please verify you config file , have you setup the correct base url and can you copy your httacess content

• #5 / Aug 17, 2011 11:29pm

DM613

3 posts

i am also a student so nice to meet u ,what are u doing here?

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases