ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

MSM Setup

May 31, 2011 1:08pm

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / May 31, 2011 1:08pm

Kurt Lach

2 posts

I am having the most difficult time setting up a secondary site using the MSM.  I have been able to create a second site, create a new member group through the master site, create a new user through the master site, set up new channels, categories, custom fields and templates through the new site. I am able to log in as the new user, but never see my new post. Under “Edit Entries—> Options” the channel is always blank and the status always changes to closed after I save it. 

Does anyone have any words of advice?  Am I doing something wrong in the set up?  This seems a little more difficult than it should to me?

Thanks in advance!

Kurt

• #2 / Jun 01, 2011 5:40am

John Henry Donovan

12339 posts

Hi Kurt ,

What version and build of EE are you using?

Have you set a default Status group under your Channel preferences? Your entry defaulting to closed is the default behaviour here if you have not set it for the Channel

• #3 / Jun 08, 2011 11:27am

Kurt Lach

2 posts

Hey John,

No, I did not have a default status group listed and that did fix things.  Thank you for your help!

Kurt

• #4 / Jun 09, 2011 2:44am

John Henry Donovan

12339 posts

Glad to help. Feel free to start a new thread if you have any more questions

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases