ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

ExpressionEngine 2.1.5 Beta Released

May 12, 2011 3:11pm

Subscribe [19]
  • #46 / May 17, 2011 6:06am

Neil Evans

1403 posts

A little Feedback on 2.1.5 and some of this is generalised to EE as a whole.

SafeCracker / Any modules installed at installation stage.
    I have seen a low of people confused about this - as you allow people to install modules at installation (for example in my case SafeCracker), and when in the control panel this module shows as installed. However, when trying to access the module, it fails to an error. This is because extensions have not been enabled and installed as well. Can you either turn on extensions at install stage which also require extensions to be enabled and installed… Or allow us to enabled extensions, and so modules can install themselves plus their dependents at instal stage.

File manager - still playing but i like others wonder why there is no thumbnail view in the file manager main page. I know there is for field popup, but not the main file manager?

Also in the field popup, when switching to thumbnail view, this hides all files that are not images. I understand the logic behind this, but when showing a client they got very confused and expected at least an icon to appear like it would on their computer. People like choosing graphically, even if it is not an image.

There was also a bit of confusion with the button text/message pain when uploading a file. It completed and the client sat there wondering if they should close the box with the X or what the pink button actually did. It also seemed this message was different from file manager to field upload - but i would need to check and do screen grabs on this.

If this is not the right place for feedback - please let me know where would be best. Feedback forum i believe will get lost, and i do not believe it warrants a direct email!!!
    Thanks, N

• #47 / May 31, 2011 7:17pm

alex00

35 posts

EE 2.2 will be released in June. Any specific date ?

• #48 / Jun 21, 2011 8:42am

Dexter

1 posts

Im new to expression engine and would like to know more about it. How stable it is, are there a lots of bugs…?

• #49 / Jun 21, 2011 11:17am

anonymous61630

93 posts

Im new to expression engine and would like to know more about it. How stable it is, are there a lots of bugs…?

This isn’t the right place to look for that kind of information. Try the “Pre-Sales” forum, the “Frequently Asked Questions” forum or the “ExpressionEngine 2 Technical Support” forum. Check the EE blog on this site or EE Insider for news.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases