ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Things to remember before going live

November 19, 2010 9:29am

Subscribe [5]
  • #1 / Nov 19, 2010 9:29am

Jammyman

2 posts

I remember seeing here topics about “things to remember when you go live” with your project and some different ways to separate your development and production servers but I’m having a hard time to figure out keywords to find these topics, maybe some one could point me to right direction 😉

• #2 / Nov 19, 2010 9:38am

Bastian Heist

16 posts

Here’s a good blogpost on smashing magazine:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/07/15-essential-checks-before-launching-your-website/

and, if you want it extra detailed, see this:

http://www.boxuk.com/blog/the-ultimate-website-launch-checklist

As far as CodeIgniter is concerned, remember to check the database.php and config.php and adapt it to production environment.

• #3 / Nov 19, 2010 10:03am

Jammyman

2 posts

Thank you! Really good articles and I’m definitely going to check them out but I was interested in this topic more like Codeigniter’s point of view, maybe some kind of checklist about basic configuration settings to get ideas and maybe point few things what I may be missing before I go live with my first Codeigniter project.

When it comes to development and production servers, one easy way is of course leave database and config files out of version control or another way is to add some variables to your index.php to point out what server you are working.

I’m sure I have seen some talk about these matters not that long time ago, just can’t remember where 😉

• #4 / Nov 19, 2010 12:46pm

smilie

506 posts

Haven’t read articles, but I always wear same T-Shirt whenever something goes live 😊
    Call it a luck charm or whatever, but has always helpt me 😊

Cheers,
    Smilie

• #5 / Nov 19, 2010 3:14pm

Bart v B

227 posts

Haven’t read articles, but I always wear same T-Shirt whenever something goes live 😊
    Call it a luck charm or whatever, but has always helpt me 😊

Cheers,
    Smilie

I alway’s check my banking account if the money is stored from the customer that want his website online. 😉

• #6 / Nov 19, 2010 10:56pm

John_Betong

690 posts

Test to see if your error_logging is working:

config/php

$config['log_threshold'] = 1; 

$config['log_path'] = getcwd() .'/' .APPPATH;

Then watch out for:

Murphy’s Eleventh Law: It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases