ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Two plugins: Mailchimp EE, IP Check

September 23, 2010 8:19am

Subscribe [9]
  • #1 / Sep 23, 2010 8:19am

Milan Topalov

128 posts

Mailchimp EE (EEv2) Download

(un)Subscribe customers to a Mailchimp mailing list. Works well with Solspace Freeform.

Plugin can also print campaign archive information (useful for newsletter archive page).

Usage:

{exp:mailchimp_ee:subscribe api_key="" list_id="" customer_email="" double_optin=""}

{exp:mailchimp_ee:unsubscribe api_key="" list_id="" customer_email=""}

{exp:mailchimp_ee:campaign_archive api_key="" list_id="" folder_id="" status=""}
    {send_time format="%d/%m/%Y"} - <a href="http://{archive_url}">{subject}</a> ({emails_sent})
    {/exp:mailchimp_ee:campaign_archive}

IP Check (EEv1.6) Download

Returns TRUE if customer IP (needle) is in specified set (haystack). Needle defaults to customer IP.

Does the same thing as Intranet, but offers better IP range control.

1.1.1.* (Intranet)

1.1.1.1-1.1.1.5 (IP Check)

Usage:

{exp:ip_check needle='123.123.123.123' haystack='11.11.11.11|22.22.22.22-33.33.33.33'}

{if {exp:ip_check ... } }
    Your IP is in the list!
    {if:else}
    And yours is not!
    {/if}
  • #2 / Oct 20, 2010 10:15am

Milan Topalov

128 posts

Mailchimp EE updated:

It can now output campaign information (useful for say newsletter archive page).

• #3 / Dec 05, 2010 7:41pm

jeremydouglas

292 posts

I’m excited to see this. Your download link is 404ing though :(

• #4 / Dec 05, 2010 7:44pm

Milan Topalov

128 posts

I moved it to Devot:EE for convenience:

http://devot-ee.com/add-ons/mailchimp-ee/

• #5 / Jan 11, 2011 7:54pm

vibe9

96 posts

Sorry for any ignorance here, but how do I actually use:

{exp:mailchimp_ee:subscribe api_key="" list_id="" customer_email="" double_optin=""}

... apart from filling in the paramaters, what else do I actually do with this? Do I wrap this with a form or what?

• #6 / Jan 12, 2011 3:57pm

Milan Topalov

128 posts

That is exactly how u use it!

As soon as you call a template containing the code, selected function will be executed (ie subscriber added to the list).

I use it in combination with Solspace Freeform:

{exp:freeform:entries} 
    {exp:mailchimp_ee:subscribe api_key="" list_id="" customer_email="{freeform_email_field}" double_optin=""}
    {/exp:freeform:entries}
  • #7 / Jan 12, 2011 8:20pm

vibe9

96 posts

Great I will try this out!  One more question, any idea where in MailChimp I can find out the list_id ?

• #8 / Jan 18, 2011 2:28pm

dapacreative

21 posts

Great I will try this out!  One more question, any idea where in MailChimp I can find out the list_id ?

Click on your Lists tab. Then from the settings drop down on the list you are using, choose list settings and unique ID. Hope that helps.

Also, I am having trouble myself trying to get this working. I’ve tried wrapping the code provided in a freeform tag with an email input and submit button. After entering in an email and hitting submit I would expect the email to be added to the list ID I provided. This is not happening though.

Can you point us to a more thorough demonstration of what the code needs to look like. I think that would be very helpful to everyone as what you have in your documentation is lacking right now.

• #9 / Apr 12, 2011 6:14pm

LynneL

239 posts

You should put IP Check into Devot-ee.com! I was looking and looking for a 2.x version of Intranet so I could safely decide to move a client to 2.x BEFORE creating their intranet system. Right now they are on 1.x, and I’m dreading moving them at any rate (it’s a Gypsy field nightmare), but didn’t want to do the intranet portion before upgrading, because then I’d have more that I needed to upgrade. Anyway, I really needed the IP checking portion so I could avoid having to write up the code in PHP.

• #10 / Apr 12, 2011 6:15pm

LynneL

239 posts

Oops nevermind, I now note that the IP Check plugin is also 1.6. Is anyone going to write something similar up for EE2?

• #11 / Jul 02, 2011 4:49am

davib

50 posts

Hi,

I am trying to get this working and am having trouble. I’m sure its simple but so am I!

Here is the code I am using. I guess I’m not sure what to put in the email address and the merge_fname area.

{exp:mailchimp_ee:subscribe api_key="XXXXXX" list_id="XXXXXXX" email_address="" merge_fname='john' double_optin='no'}

<input type="text" name="email" id="email" class="field" value="Enter your e-mail address">                    
                        <input class="button" type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />        
               {/exp:mailchimp_ee:subscribe}

I would appreciate it if someone could let me know where I am going wrong. At the moment someone puts in their email address and it goes straight to the mailing list in EE but it never reaches Mailchimp.  Note that I am using the correct API key and the correct list_id

Thanks

• #12 / Apr 29, 2012 10:25am

Kaspar

30 posts

Hi

I try to ad Mailchimp supscription with Mailchimp EE & Freeform.

{exp:freeform:form} 
      {exp:mailchimp_ee:subscribe api_key="xx" list_id="xx" customer_email="{EMAIL}" double_optin="no"}
      <label for="mce-FNAME">Vorname</label>
              <input class="expand oversize input-text validate" type="text" name="FNAME" id="mce-FNAME" minlength="3"placeholder="Vorname" />

<label for="mce-LNAME">Name</label>   
              <input class="expand oversize input-text validate" type="text" name="LNAME" id="mce-LNAME" minlength="3" placeholder="Nachname" />

<label for="mce-EMAIL">Your Email*</label>
        <input class="expand oversize input-text validate" type="text" id="mce-EMAIL" name="EMAIL" placeholder="email@adresse.ch" />
        {if captcha}

<label for="captcha">Bitte tippen sie den rechts stehenden Text ein.</label><div class="captcha clearfix"> <input class="float-left oversize input-text" type="text" name="captcha" />{captcha}</div>
         </fieldset>
         {/if}
    <div class="clear"><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="nice button small"></div>
      {/exp:freeform:form}

So far. The form is creating an entry in freeform but not in the Mail chimp list.
    Why is that?

• #13 / Sep 22, 2012 2:34pm

vlad

213 posts

Same issue, doesn’t work :(

{exp:freeform:form notify="myemail@gmail.com"}

{exp:mailchimp_ee:unsubscribe api_key="myapi" list_id="mylist" customer_email="myemail@gmail.com"}

<input type="submit" name="submit" class="button" value="Submit" /></p>

{/exp:freeform:form}
  • #14 / Feb 17, 2015 10:43am

deeciduous

32 posts

Did anyone get this working? I’m having the same problem (entry in Freeform, but doesn’t subscribe to Mailchimp)

• #15 / Mar 03, 2015 8:17pm

Ricky007

4 posts

thanks for this

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases