ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Delete entries and comments PLUGIN

July 30, 2010 7:13am

Subscribe [17]
  • #31 / Oct 17, 2011 12:09pm

Frank Harrison

154 posts

I’m letting members of a site upload images and audio files to entries (via safecracker), and also delete those entries with this plugin.

I’m a bit conscious that we’re going to build up more and more “orphaned” files on the server as entries are deleted but their files are left online. Does anyone know of a way round this?

Thanks, Frank

• #32 / Oct 17, 2011 1:37pm

Milo Creative

20 posts

Good question.. this is an issue also when you delete an entry from the CP, any file associated with that entry will not be deleted (rightly so).
    If you want to delete files you should do so before you delete an entry, but this is beyond the scope of this plugin.

• #33 / Oct 17, 2011 1:40pm

Frank Harrison

154 posts

Thanks Milo. Yep I thought that would be the case. I might try to write a script that compares all the entry uploads with the contents of the uploads folder and deletes any that don’t match up. Then we just run that script every so often…

• #34 / Oct 18, 2011 5:52am

Milo Creative

20 posts

@Frank, have you tried searching for an extension, module or plugin that allows you to do that without reinventing the wheel? Like, http://www.devdemon.com/channel_files for instance?  Or at least giving you a starting point to develop your script..

• #35 / Dec 09, 2011 2:49pm

EnergyFreak

102 posts

Hi,

I can’t seem to find any updated example templates anywhere for this plugin.

Thanks.

• #36 / Dec 12, 2011 7:38am

Milo Creative

20 posts

@EnergyFreak, examples are provided in the plugin file itself (pi.delete.php)

• #37 / Jan 29, 2012 6:40pm

Brandon C.

43 posts

Frank, I found a roundabout way to do this using this plugin and PHP script. If anybody needs the details, feel free to PM me.

• #38 / May 03, 2012 11:21am

jbriggs

38 posts

Does anyone know how to allow guests to delete entries without being logged in? Thanks!

• #39 / May 23, 2012 3:43pm

KentonLHNL

1 posts

I am having the same issue that Sean C. Smith posted about.

I want to allow users to delete their own comments, but I keep getting this message… 
    Error: This content does not exist or has already been deleted.

Here is my link code…

{exp:delete:link id="{comment_id}" type="review" template="review/delete" alert="false"}Delete Review{/exp:delete:link}

And here is my template code…

{exp:delete:delete_comment comment_id="{comment_id}" message_success="Your Review Has Been Deleted"}

Does anyone see what I am doing wrong?

• #40 / Jun 22, 2012 9:21am

Wprk14

1 posts

I had an issue with getting the plugin to use my template location so I tweaked it abit.

Don’t know if this will help anyone but it worked great for me.

Just replace the link function in pi.delete with this function below

// ----------------------------------------
    //  Generate a delete link  
    // ----------------------------------------
        public function link()
        {
            $template = $this->EE->functions->create_url($this->EE->TMPL->fetch_param('template') . "/" . $this->EE->TMPL->fetch_param('id'));

if ( ! $this->EE->TMPL->fetch_param('id') OR  ! $this->EE->TMPL->fetch_param('template')) return "Invalid delete plugin usage.";

$type = ($this->EE->TMPL->fetch_param('type')) ? $this->EE->TMPL->fetch_param('type') : $this->type;

// create a js alert box?
            $alert = "";
            if ($this->EE->TMPL->fetch_param('alert') != "false") $alert = " onclick=\"[removed] if (!confirm('Are you sure you want to delete this $type?')) return false;\"";
            $link = "<a href="http://">" . $this->EE->TMPL->tagdata . "</a>";

return $link;
        }
  • #41 / Jul 05, 2012 11:06am

Jolle

38 posts

I am having the same issue that Sean C. Smith posted about.

I want to allow users to delete their own comments, but I keep getting this message… 
    Error: This content does not exist or has already been deleted.

Here is my link code…

{exp:delete:link id="{comment_id}" type="review" template="review/delete" alert="false"}Delete Review{/exp:delete:link}

And here is my template code…

{exp:delete:delete_comment comment_id="{comment_id}" message_success="Your Review Has Been Deleted"}

Does anyone see what I am doing wrong?

The code you’ve got there is just fine. Open up the delete template and replace {comment_id} with the segment in the URL that is created through the delete link function. Something like this:

{exp:delete:delete_comment 
     comment_id="{segment_3}"
     error_no_permissions="You're not allowed to delete this comment" 
     error_invalid_content="It seems that this comment has been already deleted" 
     message_success="Comment deleted!"
    }

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases