ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Only see Closed status for user group on entry publish/edit

July 08, 2010 6:43am

Subscribe [3]
  • #1 / Jul 08, 2010 6:43am

Jaycee

16 posts

I created a new member group and gave them all the proper privileges to post in specific weblogs. However, the only status showing up for them is the Closed status. This means that when they publish or edit an entry, it becomes closed.

I’ve gone to the “Default Status Group” to ensure their member group, Super Editors, is given access to the status group. I’ve even gone into the edit page of the “Open” status and made sure they had permission to use that specific status, but it still does not show for them.

What am I overlooking?

• #2 / Jul 08, 2010 7:09am

Ingmar

29245 posts

Make sure the weblogs actually have a status group assigned to them.

• #3 / Jul 08, 2010 8:54am

Jaycee

16 posts

Thanks Ingmar. Looks like that did the trick.

Seems strange that it would use the “Closed” status when no status group was assigned to a weblog, but I’m sure there’s some good reason for that. Thanks again for the assist.

• #4 / Jul 08, 2010 11:39am

Ingmar

29245 posts

Not strange at all, it’s a fall back: there are only two statuses that are always available that EE can fall back upon in case no custom status group has been designed, namely “Open” and “Closed”. Superadmins get “Open”, everybody else “Closed”.

• #5 / Jan 12, 2015 2:45pm

studioxmedia

1 posts

It would have been really helpful if someone shared how they added a status to an existing group.

I was able to find it:
    Check if that channel is assigned a status group from Admin -> Channel Administration -> Channels -> Edit Group Assignments.

http://expressionengine.stackexchange.com/questions/5622/custom-members-channel-entries-defaulting-to-closed-status

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases