ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Stand-Alone Member Registration module + Profile Editing!

December 30, 2010 4:21am

Subscribe [11]
  • #1 / Dec 30, 2010 4:21am

Yuri

315 posts

Hi to the community!

Let me present you the module I created for displaying members registration form within EE templates.

The only options before to customize registration page were either to modify EE specialty templates (and in most cases you could not get exactly same design and look, and no EE tags are functioning there) or User module (which is is rather overkill for such simple feature, especially having in mind its cost).
    Now you can simply build the form using {exp:sa_member_register:form} tag and place it anywhere.

So say welcome to Stand-Alone Member Register. The module is available both for EE 1.x and 2.x

You can get it from Devot:ee for just $7

UPDATE
    I have just released Stand-Alone Member Edit! Consider using these two together 😊

• #2 / Jan 20, 2011 6:24pm

David Hyland

210 posts

hi there. with your module can you specify the return url after successful registration?

also, does it deal with editing member’s profile too?

thanks.

• #3 / Jan 21, 2011 3:27am

Yuri

315 posts

Hi David,

yes, you can specify return URL using ‘return’ parameter. It can be either full URL (http://....) or EE template name

You can not edit user info with this module, it’s solely for registration

• #4 / Jan 21, 2011 7:29am

just bought it, your small plugin makes me happier, thanks!

Also feature request:
    would be nice to have a SA member login form!!!

dmitry

• #5 / Jan 21, 2011 7:36am

Yuri

315 posts

Thank you, Dmitry 😊

stand-alone login form is ‘out of the box’ feature of EE: http://ellislab.com/expressionengine/user-guide/modules/member/login_form.html

• #6 / Feb 10, 2011 4:57am

hi Yuriy !

are there ways to avoid (bypass) email/password confirmation tags?

dmitry

• #7 / Feb 10, 2011 7:45am

Yuri

315 posts

Hi Dmitriy,
    unfortunately no. This is security features implied by EE Member module (and this add-on relies on Member module for processing)
    As alternative solution you can hide and auto-fill the confirmation fields with JavaScript.

• #8 / Mar 04, 2011 6:25am

Helmi_xisnet

71 posts

Hi there, can I set the member group id within this registration form?

• #9 / Mar 04, 2011 6:26am

Yuri

315 posts

Yes. Use group_id field

• #10 / Apr 11, 2011 2:49pm

Brooks Seymore

106 posts

We’re trying to use the return=”” parameter with our version of Stand-Alone Member Registration as Yuri mentioned on 21 January 2011 (link to that specific comment is below) but without success. I saw in the official docs something about hacking core EE files—which we’re hesitant to do—are those docs out of date?

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewreply/847416/

We’ve tried using both a hard-coded URL (return=“http://example.com/register/success”) and an ExpressionEngine template name (return=“register/success”).

• #11 / Apr 11, 2011 2:52pm

Yuri

315 posts

Hi Brooks,
    the docs are not out of date.
    Unfortunately you still need to hack EE files to make “return” parameter work.

• #12 / Apr 11, 2011 3:31pm

Brooks Seymore

106 posts

That’s what I suspected but since that wasn’t mentioned in your earlier response, just wanted to confirm. Many thanks!

• #13 / Apr 12, 2011 4:06pm

Brooks Seymore

106 posts

There does seem to be one minor error in the docs… there it says to use the redirect=”” parameter but in this thread you state to use the return=”” parameter.

Only after using the return=”” parameter does the path to my return page appear in the source for my page. Nothing appears when I use redirect=”“.

• #14 / Apr 12, 2011 5:51pm

hello Yuriy!

is ‘avatar upload’ also working within ‘Stand-Alone Member Registration’ module?

regards
    dmitry

• #15 / Apr 23, 2011 6:17pm

designbyblake

1 posts

Yes. Use group_id field

I’ve tried that and the Member Group stays the default that was set in the control panel.  My code is below.

<input type="hidden" name="group_id" value="7" />
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases