Thread

Blank page when attempting to start upgrade

February 14, 2017 12:35pm

Subscribe [3]
  • #1 / Feb 14, 2017 12:35pm

Linda A

620 posts

After first updating my 2.x install to the latest version of 2.x, I am now attempting to upgrade to 3.x. I downloaded fresh copies of 2.x and 3.x today, so they should both be the very latest builds.

I think I’ve followed all the preparatory steps, but when I attempt to start the upgrade I get a blank page located at <system>/index.php?C=wizard&M=do_update&language=english

I have updated admin.php to reflect my changed system directory name and I am not sure what else could result in it coming to a stop right there. I can see that it took database.php and copied info config.php, but nothing more seems to happen after that.

I am running PHP 5.5.26 and mySQL 5.7.11.

Edited to add: Oops, maybe this should have been in How do I instead.

• #2 / Feb 18, 2017 5:09pm

Fred2341

23 posts

I ran in to the same issue, albeit with core versions 2.9, upgrading to 3.x. So far, I have not found a solutions.

This has been resolved by changing line 151 in wizard.php, changing FALSE to TRUE. This is of course valid for the core version only.

• #3 / Feb 20, 2017 1:15pm

dwg-andy

27 posts

did you change $debug = 0; to $debug = 1; in system/index.php ? sounds like you are getting a php error and need to debug it.

• #4 / Feb 20, 2017 2:21pm

Robin Sowell

12721 posts

Setting the $debug to 1 is good advice. If we can get an error, it will help.

It’s also a good idea to run the server wizard, just to make certain the environment is v3 ready.

That turn up anything?

• #5 / Apr 17, 2017 9:34am

Fred2341

23 posts

The latest core versions don’t have this problem, caused by an error in wizard.php.

ExpressionEngine News

#eecms, #events, #releases