Thread

Taxonomy Module for EE 2.0

April 12, 2010 10:44am

Subscribe [21]
  • #31 / May 19, 2010 11:32pm

Brett Gullan

70 posts

Hi Iain, I’ve run into a problem with Taxonomy 0.32. Once I’ve created a node, if I attempt to edit it, the display code is output directly to the page. See screenshot attached. Any ideas?

Cheers,

B.

• #32 / May 19, 2010 11:47pm

iain

317 posts

wow,

What are you inserting for the node values, and are they being stored thin the DB ok?

Are you entering a label, template and entry combo or A label & override url?

Also, are you running php5?

• #33 / May 19, 2010 11:56pm

Brett Gullan

70 posts

Hi Iain,

I’m running PHP 5.3.1 (on Mac OS X Server, 10.6), with MySQL version 5.0.88, and EE v2.0.2pb01, build 20100430.

The node values are being written to the DB ok … see screenshot. I’m entering a label and node/entry pair, no URL overrides.

B.

• #34 / May 20, 2010 12:24am

Brett Gullan

70 posts

Fixed! Line 23 of /taxonomy/views/edit_node.php just needs to be changed to a full PHP opening tag declaration.

Cheers,

B.

• #35 / May 20, 2010 1:05am

iain

317 posts

great, thanks for the update. I’ll patch that up for the next release.

• #36 / May 27, 2010 5:57am

humanique

13 posts

Hello Iain,

I seem to have found a bug in the fieldtype of Taxonomy. First I thought it was a bug in EE2, as you can see here: https://support.ellislab.com/bugs/detail/12517/. But then I found out that it was caused by Taxonomy.

Please see the file I have attached with my fix. Hopefully this can help you fixing this.

Greets, Jeroen

• #37 / May 27, 2010 8:16am

iain

317 posts

Thanks so much for sharing your code Jeroen, much appreciated.

I’ve updated the download, along with a small update that gives the user feedback when moving/nudging nodes via the module interface.

Download from iain.co.nz/taxonomy

Thanks!

• #38 / Jun 02, 2010 10:26am

Apart

12 posts

There’s images and javascript in the module that will need their path references updated if you’re going to be doing that, I’m planning on adding a preference to set where they are retrieved from so maybe after that’s established, I’ll look at the issue above… That is unless any other developers chime in on what’s needed to get what you need, cheers.

Oh how I would love to see this one coming!

• #39 / Jun 02, 2010 10:38am

Apart

12 posts

There’s images and javascript in the module that will need their path references updated if you’re going to be doing that, I’m planning on adding a preference to set where they are retrieved from so maybe after that’s established, I’ll look at the issue above… That is unless any other developers chime in on what’s needed to get what you need, cheers.
    Oh how I would love to see this one coming!

Aha!

I (temporarily) solved the reference to the CSS and JS in an above root install by recreating the folder structure to the files in the public_html folder. I now have mydomain.com/expressionengine/third_party/taxonomy/views/ and the css/, js/ and gfx/ folders with their files in it.

Works like a charm grin

B

• #40 / Jun 02, 2010 11:21am

iain

317 posts

Glad you got a temporary workaround.

I’ll look at adding the assets to the themes folder in the next release.

• #41 / Jun 03, 2010 2:45am

iain

317 posts

I’ve just updated the screencast with an overview of the fieldtype also,

The interface you’ll see is slightly different from the current release, and will be available after I do some browser testing.

Watch it here : http://iain.co.nz/taxonomy/taxonomy.mov

Apologies for my mumbling, hopefully you’ll understand what I’m saying smile

• #42 / Jun 20, 2010 2:05pm

sm9

352 posts

Hi Craig, Sorry I can’t be of much help on this as I’ve never configured EE to be above the root, and given that this is a beta product being tested on a beta platform, I’d say the chances of getting a fix/workaround soon are pretty slim… There’s images and javascript in the module that will need their path references updated if you’re going to be doing that, I’m planning on adding a preference to set where they are retrieved from so maybe after that’s established, I’ll look at the issue above… That is unless any other developers chime in on what’s needed to get what you need, cheers.

Hi Iain,

I’ve just installed this module to have a play with it (it looks great btw!).

I’m using a masked control panel and although I haven’t ran into any errors yet, I did notice that the images in the control panel weren’t loading. So maybe a setting similar to what you mentioned above, where you could enter the location of the taxonomy folder path (which for me, would just be the system folder path when using a masked CP), would be good for this too.

Thanks.

• #43 / Jun 24, 2010 7:14am

awa

77 posts

Hi Iain, I watched the 2 MOVs, that you provided and started to work with your module. Build the tree and navigation works is fine. But, I can´t get the breadcrumbs to work. I copied the code from your docs and replaced the tree_id. Thisis what I have:

{exp:taxonomy:breadcrumbs tree_id="2" entry_id="{entry_id}"}

But when i view the pages, the only node, that´s displayed is the root. And it´s pure unlinked text. What am I doing wrong? As I said: Navigation works fine, so the tree should be ok.

Thanks awa

• #44 / Jun 24, 2010 7:20am

awa

77 posts

Hi Iain, a small feature request: I´m from Germany, we have Umlaute (ö,ä,ü…). At the moment Taxonomy makes wired things with them, when used as {node_title}

Maybe it woild be possible to fix that?

Thanks awa

• #45 / Jun 24, 2010 9:35am

iain

317 posts

{exp:taxonomy:breadcrumbs tree_id="2" entry_id="{entry_id}"}

Are you sure that {entry_id} is being parsed? you should have it between your {exp:channel:entries..} tag.

Iain.

ExpressionEngine News

#eecms, #events, #releases