ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Can't change author

January 26, 2008 4:45am

Subscribe [3]
  • #1 / Jan 26, 2008 4:45am

Erin Dalzell

790 posts

I am a super admin, but I can’t seem to change the author of a blog entry. The author of the blog entry is a member of Posters as is the person I want to change it to.

Any ideas?

• #2 / Jan 26, 2008 5:15am

Mark Bowen

12637 posts

Hi Erin,

I’m just popping out for a bit but will hopefully be back in a few hours to see more on this if you post. You say that you can’t change the author of an entry? Is it more that you can’t see their name in the list or their name does appear in the author list but it won’t let you change it.

If it is in the list but not allowing you to change it then what error if any do you get?

If on the other hand it isn’t even showing in the list then you need to make sure that you have given that member / member group the correct posting permissions and that their name is allowed to show in the multi-author drop-down list.

You can do this in one of two ways. If you want all the members of the Posters group to be able to be authors then you can simply edit the Posters member group by going to :

Admin->Members & Groups->Member Groups->Edit Group (Posters)->Member Account Privileges

In their is an option to :

Include Members in PUBLISH page multi-author list?

This will then allow all the members of the Posters group to appear in the drop down when you go to publish or edit an entry. If on the other hand you only want certain members of that group to be allowed to be authors then instead go to :

Admin->Members & Groups->View Members->Name of Member To Allow Access To->Member Administration->Member Preferences

and turn on the same setting there.

That should hopefully do it for you. If not then let us know exactly how you have it all setup in regards to the above and what error(s) if any you get and we will go from there.

Best wishes,

Mark

• #3 / Jan 26, 2008 5:25am

Erin Dalzell

790 posts

That did it, thanks Mark.

• #4 / Jan 26, 2008 10:28am

Mark Bowen

12637 posts

Hi Erin,

Back now! No problems. Glad it’s all working now for you.

See you soon.

Best wishes,

Mark

• #5 / Jan 26, 2008 12:07pm

Sue Crocker

26054 posts

Thanks for the assist, Mark!

• #6 / Jan 26, 2008 12:21pm

Mark Bowen

12637 posts

Thanks for the assist, Mark!

No problems. Any time!

Just trying to do my bit to help people out wherever I can. 😊

Best wishes,

Mark

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases