ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Referrer module

January 14, 2008 7:21am

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / Jan 14, 2008 7:21am

Riverboy

2993 posts

I deinstalled my referrermodule few days ago. And today i installed it again. It has been collecting those anycase, ideas why?

thanks
    - Tuittu

• #2 / Jan 14, 2008 10:29am

Robin Sowell

13218 posts

I’m a wee bit fuzzy on what’s up.  Do you mean - it was recording referrers after it was deinstalled?  Shouldn’t be- as I believe the referrer tables are dropped when deinstalled.  But I’d need to double check.

• #3 / Jan 14, 2008 10:50am

Sue Crocker

26054 posts

The table isn’t dropped or cleared out. I’d say that’s a bug.

I’m not sure about referrers being record when deinstalled, but if the table is still there.. possibly.

• #4 / Jan 14, 2008 11:01am

Riverboy

2993 posts

Do i have to deinstall it again and before that, clear all caches and optimize DB after deinstall and then wait few days or can you check if this is a bug?

• #5 / Jan 14, 2008 11:27am

Sue Crocker

26054 posts

The table is still there even after you uninstall, so depending on if that is by design or a defect.. we’ll know after asking the programming team.

It won’t hurt to keep things the way they are until we find that out.

• #6 / Jan 14, 2008 11:30am

Riverboy

2993 posts

Ok, ill wait. Thanks Sue!

Yours:
    -Tuittu

• #7 / Jan 14, 2008 3:23pm

Lisa Wess

20502 posts

Referral tracking is part of the standard installation; the referrer module is just a way to see that information.  If you want to turn off tracking, see these docs which is also mentioned in these docs =)

• #8 / Jan 14, 2008 3:41pm

Riverboy

2993 posts

You mean “if you want to stop seeing referrers…” because EE still keeps tracking after unistalling the module.

Admin/System Preferences/Referrer Preferences leads you to the same place as from modules/referrer/preferences so its the same thing linked from 2 different places.

Because it uses DB only way i think to keep it low is to set 1 to “Maximum number of recent referrers to save”?

Am i right?

Cheers:
    - Tuittu

• #9 / Jan 14, 2008 3:48pm

Lisa Wess

20502 posts

If you go to Admin -> System Preferences -> Referrer Preferences, you can turn “Enable Referrer Tracking?” to no.

And yes, those two go to the same place, because it’s a system preference - the module is just a way to view that information, if it’s being tracked.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases