ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Specialty Templates for Multi-Site Manager

June 21, 2007 10:08am

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / Jun 21, 2007 10:08am

Todd S

57 posts

I noticed in the documentation for MSM:

Specialty Templates per Site (Login screens, member profiles, etc…

Does “etc” include registration? One of the problems I’ve never been able to overcome is being limited to one registration template or form per site.

Secondly, with the unique registration form for each site, presumably, is it possible to register members in their own unique groups. Or, will all registrations across all your MSM sites populate into just one global member group.

End of day, I’ve never been able to have multiple registration forms tied to their own member groups. I’m hoping MSM will give me a way to defeat this problem so I can better apply the system to a combingation of public, intranet and extranet applications.

• #2 / Jun 21, 2007 11:09am

Lisa Wess

20502 posts

Greetings, Todd—registration is a member profile template, so yes, that is included.

The default member group is also per-site.  So you can have them all be in one member group - or not. =)  I have two sites and I just set one to be in the default member group of “Cats” (my test group, hehe), and my main site to be the default member group of “Members”.

• #3 / Jun 21, 2007 12:18pm

Todd S

57 posts

Beautiful ... that’ll ring the cash register.

• #4 / Jun 22, 2007 12:01pm

Sue Crocker

26054 posts

That’s a great reason to use MSM - the ability to set different default member groups per site. That’s been a frequently requested item.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases