ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Unable to change an entry template or to assign a template to a new weblog

August 29, 2014 6:41am

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / Aug 29, 2014 6:41am

abinrax

1 posts

I use ee 1.6.

I have a weblog with its Custom Weblog Fields and template group, when i publish a new entry, in the page tab it show correctly the by default choosen template, all working fine.

I have created a new weblog, duplicated the preferences from the previous one, as well as created and duplicated the same template group from the previous working one, all good, when i try to publish a new entry in the selected template it picksup the first template which is not the one i have created with my new weblog.

In the working weblog, while publishing a new entry if i try to change the template, it doesnt save it neither.

if i change some preferences in the Template Preferences Manager, the notification message is SAVED but the preferences get back as they were.

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

• #2 / Sep 02, 2014 9:22am

Boyink!

5011 posts

You’re working with pretty old software at this point..😉

I was never a huge fan of the Pages module - but is it possible that in the Pages Module configuration you have to turn it on for the new Weblog?

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases