ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

About GoDaddy?

June 17, 2014 8:12am

Subscribe [5]
  • #1 / Jun 17, 2014 8:12am

Riverboy

2993 posts

Hello Hello Hello.

Is there any known issues with EE and GoDaddy?
    They have launched services in our country recently with prices that are like 10% from my site present monthly fees.

I would go there asap if i knew that all is ok. Im asking this because I have a feeling that most of you have used GoDaddy, and I have not.

Thanks in advance.

PS. How about page loading times in their services etc. All notes are more than welcome before I go further.

• #2 / Jun 25, 2014 2:04pm

Robin Sowell

13218 posts

I’ve run into quirks with htaccess there- never did figure out why.  I know EE folks are on there, but it wouldn’t be my first choice.  I have recommended [Nexcess](http://www.nexcess.net/expressionengine/hosting) and folks have been pleased with the results.

• #3 / Jun 28, 2014 11:24am

Riverboy

2993 posts

My site is located in Europe and primary users are 99% from our country, so its pretty much localized, even that its now available for to read in english too.  therefore I have to think where the actual server is in the first place. I havent yet asked from GoDaddy, is it possible to get that server from their European locations but if thats ok, and we actually move our site from present to some other, GoDaddy might be one place. Or if I just find another cheaper but yet a good host solution, then I’ll move the site to where-ever it will have a good home.

• #4 / Jul 03, 2014 5:24pm

Riverboy

2993 posts

GoDaddy file uploading via FTP to their shared server = 6mb took 2hours.
    My present host, same set: 40seconds, but usually faster…

“way to go”....

• #5 / Jul 03, 2014 5:45pm

Robin Sowell

13218 posts

😉  Yep, I don’t find that a surprising result.

• #6 / Jul 03, 2014 6:25pm

Riverboy

2993 posts

I think I remove my present project off from that place right after we get newer PHP etc. and then try to find some solution that dont make me super mad. I dont want to waste my time by waiting hours just to get some addon OR update files to server… ho-.ho-ho, not the way I will go 😊

• #7 / Dec 07, 2014 9:24am

Anweshanam

16 posts

I have a web site that was built with expression engine. Now I Am using godaddy server but my website very slow which hosting provider good for expression engine cms

• #8 / Jan 07, 2015 4:36am

crystalmt

1 posts

godaddy hosting is not upto the mark, at least in my experience.

• #9 / Jan 07, 2015 6:15am

Kevin9Robert

2 posts

nowadays godaddy has lost his reputation because they get enough user to handle that’s why now they don’t get quality response

• #10 / Feb 28, 2015 10:30am

eLija

3 posts

I have never had an issue with GoDaddy to be honest.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases