ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Idle Session Detected Upon Login - Update from 2.7.3 to 2.8.1

April 01, 2014 3:56pm

Subscribe [4]
  • #1 / Apr 01, 2014 3:56pm

ivisionteam

7 posts

I attempted to update from EE 2.7.3 to 2.8.1 using DevDemon Updater.  I received a PHP error and Updater tried to repair itself.  When I logged back in to the Control Panel, it immediately activate the “Idle Session Detected” popup and when I try to type in my password, it prompts an alert that says “undefined”  It doesn’t allow me to log back in.  Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

• #2 / Apr 24, 2014 5:08pm

Robin Sowell

13217 posts

There’s a very similar issue in the bug tracker.  I’d subscribe to that, as we’ll update as soon as I can pin something down.

• #3 / Apr 30, 2014 4:07pm

ivisionteam

7 posts

I just subscribed to it.  Thanks.

• #4 / Jun 03, 2015 11:37am

Phil Zelnar

2 posts

Hi guys - Just curious to know if you found a resolution for this? I’m experiencing a similar bug: when the CP times out I get the Idle Session dialogue as expected, but then when I enter my password it prompts an alert that says “undefined.”

I saw in the related thread the cause was pinned to Structure, but I don’t have structure in play.

It’s not the worst thing in the world, but I hate to have the client seeing this regularly because it makes the CMS feel “broken.”

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases