ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Displaying category information on a "Single Entry Page"

November 22, 2012 3:44pm

Subscribe [2]
  • #1 / Nov 22, 2012 3:44pm

dodgson

120 posts

Hi Folks. I’m completely stumped. I’m working on my first eCommerce website using the “Store Module”. The problem that I’m running into is in regards to Categories. I have setup a number or categories for the products. It happens to be a Vacuum store. Here’s my issue….

In the Central Vacuums category there are 7 sub categories that break this category down. (ie. canisters, powerheads, accessories, etc.). I am displaying the list of sub categories based on the URI segment (ie. if you are in the Central Vacuums category it displays the sub categories. I have gone one step further and am only displaying the sub categories that have been selected by at least 1 entry (ie. categories that have never been selected within an entry will not display in the sidebar).

The problem I’m having is that Once I choose a product and am moved to the “Single Entry” page for that specific product, the URI no longer displays the category information and my category and sub category information disappears.

Is there any way to show the category information on a “Single Entry” page?

Sorry this was so long winded. Very confused how to handle this.

• #2 / Nov 23, 2012 9:56am

Boyink!

5011 posts

There is a {categories}{/categories} looping variable pair for use within the channel entries tag pair. All your category variables are available within that tag pair.

• #3 / Nov 23, 2012 3:33pm

dodgson

120 posts

Thank you for your replay. I’m going to give that a try.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases