ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Is this possible with EE for a designer + HTML + CSS like me?

October 26, 2012 6:12pm

Subscribe [3]
  • #1 / Oct 26, 2012 6:12pm

Dear Sales Department,

I have been asked to build a general site for their foundation. And 10 subsites called regionsites.

For Example the general site would be BLA-Holland
    The regionsites would be called: BLA-Holland North, BLA-Holland South, BLA Holland West, BLA Holland East etc.

The necessary functionalities would be:
    - On BLA Holland it must be possibble to post newsitems, agendaitems, blogitems from the regionsites (called crossposting)
    - On the regionsites it must be possibble to post newsitems, agendaitems, blogitems from the regionsites (called crossposting)
    - Multiple language
    - Possibility to simplify the UI admin
    - Easy/doable for someone with only Design + HTML + CSS skills to build a project like this.

Is it possible for me to work out those functionalities myself listed above with EE? When I only have design/html/css knowledge? and a little little php.

• #2 / Oct 28, 2012 9:21am

Boyink!

5011 posts

EE can handle all of that - probably best to look at the Multiple Site Manager.

With the exception of multi-language, which you’ll need an addon like Transcribe for.

Easy?  It’s not exactly a beginner site. But I don’t see where you’d need PHP either.

Probably a good idea to find an experienced EE person to help you lay out the foundation & general build approach, as with this type of site that pre-planning is more important than with just a simple marketing site.

• #3 / Oct 29, 2012 1:09am

Shane Eckert

7174 posts

Hey Dutch Pixel Design,

I could not agree with Mike more. ExpressionEngine is a great choice, but you may want to take a look through our Pro Network for a pro to help you get the project under way.

Mike mentioned Transcribe which is very popular, I would also mention The Mult-Language Module as well.

If you have any more questions, please just let me know!

Cheers,

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases