ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

ExpressionEngine Site Strategy with Dev Docs

April 25, 2012 10:26am

Subscribe [3]
  • #1 / Apr 25, 2012 10:26am

Dan Decker

7338 posts

Documentation First! Wait, Documentation First?

You hear it often enough - “Documentation First!”, but for an ExpressionEngine project?

As the Community continues to amaze with the quality, depth and breadth of sites developed in ExpressionEngine, the need for a centralized dev doc repo becomes more important. The nature of projects being built with EE edge ever closer to web apps, with incredible add-ons that are almost apps in their own right!

Documentation may be the least interesting part of any development project, but you and your users will benefit by having high-quality documentation available.

Continue reading….

• #2 / Apr 25, 2012 1:05pm

airways

154 posts

This looks a lot like my ExpressionEngine scope documents. Good stuff, guys!

• #3 / May 01, 2012 2:46pm

Matthew Trow

1 posts

Not a bad idea! - like it.

At my current employer, we’re pretty good with scoping documentation, as well as technical specifications.
    We also do internal ticketing with ActiveCollab, so we’re a pretty grown up agency.

We’ve also got an internal wiki.

I can see a possible use for this - I’ll see what the rest of our team think, it’s time dependent, as we have to write so much documentation already! 😊

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases