ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Client IE (7-9) errors causing endless amounts of grief

September 16, 2011 2:03pm

Subscribe [11]
  • #31 / Nov 04, 2011 7:50pm

Adrienne L. Travis

213 posts

I just tracked the multiple “Object is not defined / jQuery is not defined / $ is not defined” errors in IE9 down to being something to do with the included javascript plugin ee_focus.js .

Unfortunately, I don’t have a fix, but I’m leaving this note (and also going to go see if i can find a bug report to add to) to at least let you folks know about the cause of the issue.

• #32 / Nov 07, 2011 8:34pm

Dan Decker

7338 posts

Hi Adrienne,
    Thanks for taking the time to chime in with further information. We appreciate your efforts in helping us track this down and giving us a sold place to look.

Thanks!

• #33 / Nov 08, 2011 9:05pm

Adrienne L. Travis

213 posts

You’re welcome! I haven’t been on the forums much in awhile, but I’m still a passionate member of the community! I just wish I had a FIX, because it’s driving me NUTS on a particular client project.

• #34 / Nov 10, 2011 4:58pm

Dan Decker

7338 posts

Hi Adrienne,

I’m going to ping the Devs on this, so they can use the info provided to work out a fix.

Cheers!

• #35 / Nov 17, 2011 3:11pm

Dan Decker

7338 posts

Adrienne L. Travis and all,

We have a bug report on this and the issue was mark as fixed in 2.3

If anyone continues to experience this in 2.3, please let us know by opening a new, related thread using the link below.

Thanks for everyone’s input!

Cheers!

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases