ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Filter weblog entries by category ajax?

June 17, 2010 3:18pm

Subscribe [1]
  • #1 / Jun 17, 2010 3:18pm

MarketingMatters

28 posts

I’ve been scouring the web with a lot of losses, or I’m not comprehending what I’m wanting to do programming-wise with EE.

I’m wanting to filter weblog entries by category using checkboxes. I would also like for it to remain on the same page.

I’m assuming that this filter would be requiring jquery / javascript and “something else.”

I’ve checked FF_matrix, some Solspace plugins. But I’m lacking direction.

Is there anybody that has tried something like this:

Page brings up total list of weblog entries.
    We have a checkbox form that allows filtering of this master weblog entries reoccurring on the same page.
    Form filters results.

Any form of help would be appreciated. I’m lost.

• #2 / Jun 17, 2010 3:42pm

ender

1644 posts

I did something like this here.  You can click on the legend items in the left column (below the accordion) to filter the entries shown.

if you are going to load all of your entries on the page then you don’t need AJAX (because you have all the data already)... just store the data in a javascript array and filter it there to determine what to show.

it’s hard to show snippets of code that will do this in the general case (and when I wrote the code on that page I wasn’t thinking about its reuse value) so I guess just ask if you need more advice or direction.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases