ExpressionEngine CMS
Open, Free, Amazing

Thread

This is an archived forum and the content is probably no longer relevant, but is provided here for posterity.

The active forums are here.

Obfuscated Email Subject Issue

May 07, 2010 2:37pm

Subscribe [8]
  • #16 / Aug 07, 2011 8:04am

Bluecandy

1 posts

I have the same problem when the subject length is longer than 75 characters.

If the subject is longer than 75, the Email Class function _prep_q_encoding add an newline in the subject and then the problem appear.

• #17 / Aug 13, 2011 10:45am

kijla

3 posts

I have the same problem when the subject length is longer than 75 characters.

If the subject is longer than 75, the Email Class function _prep_q_encoding add an newline in the subject and then the problem appear.

I had the same problem as you. I changed the value if $crlf from “\r\n” to “\n” in the Email.php file in core/libraries and it seems to be working well now 😊

var    $newline        = "\r\n";
        var $crlf            = "\n";
  • #18 / Aug 13, 2011 11:45pm

nikes

31 posts

I see, but why would it start looking in different ways from if I just create it in directly? Is there any way for me to fix my error?

• #19 / Oct 15, 2012 4:41am

Narf

155 posts

How does it work with this one guys? https://gist.github.com/3891474

I’ve been trying to get some feedback on the patch linked here: https://github.com/EllisLab/CodeIgniter/issues/1409#issuecomment-9330713 ... but as you can see in there - no real-world testers, so I thought I should come here.

• #20 / Jun 19, 2013 3:59pm

bclinton

4 posts

The patched Email.php file worked for me

• #21 / Jul 04, 2013 7:13am

estevo

9 posts

We’ve downloaded the patch today to test it. It generated more error messages hence we do not recommend.

cheers
    Ashar

• #22 / Nov 22, 2013 7:39pm

remocat2222

1 posts

For the print_debugger the subject line is still coming across screwed up. 

Would it be terrible if I commented out the $subject = $this->_prep_q_encoding($subject);  line the CI email library?

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

ExpressionEngine News!

#eecms, #events, #releases